Kurukahveci Mehmed Efendi, as one of the oldest representatives of Turkish coffee culture, is located in the junction point of Egyptian Bazaar and Hasırcılar Street in Eminönü, built in the first half of the 20th century in Art Deco style, but the company has a rooted history. When coffee brought to the Ottoman capital by Governor of Yemen, Özdemir Paşa in 16th century, Tahtakale was a place where Turkish coffee spread. Mehmed Efendi was opened his shop in 1871. Before him, the coffee was sold as raw coffee beans. Mehmet Efendi is the first, who started to roast raw coffee beans and sell them to local people. Kurukahveci Mehmed Efendi in Eminönü is the oldest surviving coffee shop for Turkish coffee and inheritor of Turkish coffee culture in institutional base. It has a characteristic smell of aroma, which constitutes the identity of the place, especially Tahmis Sokak since 1871. They have been in business in the same area for such a long time and keep the company in their family since their foundation. Even though they reach the global success and started mass production both for interior market and for exportation, they keep their original building where they still both produce and sell.